Saturday 31 March 2007

Flash Your Stash. Prepare for shameful little stashing.

My first image - the remnants of a good time: this is my lovely heirloom knitting stand, and as you can see, lots of little, somewhat useless balls. Or at least, I have found no use for them yet. The Big Blue ones are recycled from a sweater my mom made in super jumbo. I wore it maybe 5 times over as many years. Little ones maybe RAK'd out at will.




Image number two: Stuff I'm proud to have in my home. Both courtesy of Aruni - my mellow SP. The SWS is earmarked for armwarmers. My house is really cold in winter. The cashmere laceweight on top of it is for dreaming about. There are 380 yards. A scarf, perhaps? Nothing is calling to be knit at this point.

And the final image. My shame. My horror. This stuff once made me drool in anticipation. I once thought it was amazing.
The brown is for doll hair, and the pink is being made into a blanket . . . the white? Well, I was planning on another pair of mittens or something . . . I don't know if I can do it! I just don't know . . . Wow, I used to think this stuff was so nice!


Yes, that's right. That's it! As my LYS says, I'm project oriented. I don't buy anything without having a project in mind and a pattern in hand.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

we need to build that stash up! :)

cpurl17 said...

I'm drooling over the antique yarn stand!

Batty said...

So cute! No go forth and let them multiply!

Sue, aka seiding said...

Your stash looks like mine about three years ago. Once you start in with the socks, well, things change! ;)

KnittingNutter said...

If you build it, ti will grow. Time to go drool over some yarn at the LYS and then give into the inner child...

aruni said...

all right, my dear--some more color is on its way...hopefully you'll like these as well!