Tuesday 13 March 2007

No, I didn't forget a part . . they're fingerless!

I finished Mr. Wonderful's Dashings on Sunday night. How does he feel about that? I'll let him tell you:


No sooner did I finish darning in the last end, than he seized them and hid them away. You'll have to excuse the poor picture quality -- I can only get photos at night with Mr. Wonderful. He works a day shift, I work afternoons.


Here's an up-close and poorly lit image - stitch definition and cables!

I like that the cable pattern makes x's and o's around the wrist. Cute.

I'm thinking about making more of these. They're quick and easy -- but I'm not sure. I don't want to get bored with the pattern. If I do make more, I would definitely use a sturdier yarn next time out. Alpaca has a little too much give. I have about 50 metres of this alpaca left. Not sure what to do with it . . .

I recently read that my downstream SP, BabblingStacey (who completely busted me last week) is going for surgery. I haven't heard from her since. Stacey, if you're reading this, What's Up?? I'm worried about you!

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! You made them already! Great job! Love them!

Batty said...

That was really, really fast! And he loves it! That's what I call knitting success.

Erica said...

The FO looks fantastic!