There's this thing going around Facebook. You list 25 random things about yourself, then you tag 25 people to do it next. Mr. Wonderful's cousin tagged me. I listed things, then I thought it might make for an interesting blog post.
1. As a general rule, I ignore this stuff.
2. I have one tatto. A cherry blossom. On my lower back. AKA a tramp stamp, except I'm not a tramp.
3. I've been pierced 5 times. I no longer have any of those piercings.
4. I knit. A lot.
5. I only knit with luxury fibres. Spendy yarn for me!!
6. I sometimes think I spend too much time on the inter-tubes, and not enough time playing with my daughter.
7. Sometimes my daughter exhausts me, and I just need a damned break!
8. I've known my husband since we were 14 -- that's half my life.
9. We've been a couple since we were 19 -- 10 years this summer.
10. I've always been a city girl, and I was pretty unsure about moving to a small town.
11. I love living in a small town!
12. I'm too pragmatic for my own good. Unless we're talking about yarn.
13. I don't think the number 13 is unlucky. I'm not really superstitious at all.
14. I don't like winter, and I'm not crazy about summer. Both are too extreme for me. I prefer autumn and spring.
15. I really like squash. Actually, most vegetables.
16. I LOVE goat cheese. I eat it by the spoon full.
17. I'm pretty adventurous. I'm not opposed to trying new things.
18. I have worked as a playground leader, tour guide, paintball referee, in management, in sales, in retail, and in customer service. My favourite jobs ever were at the Paintball Arena, and the summers I spent as a playground leader.
19. I really dislike horror and suspense movies. Also, chick flicks. Yech.
20. I enjoy taking photos. I've also worked as a photographer, on a moon-lighty basis.
21. I've photographed 4 weddings. I was only paid for one. The rest I did 'of the goodness of my own heart' ;)
22. I'm very proud of having birthed my daughter with no drugs - completely naturally with the assistance of my husband and a birth doula. I really amazed myself.
23. I can sing beautifully if no one's listening. The second I have to 'perform', I'm off-key and terrible. That's weird because as a child, I sang at performances all the time.
24. Performing comes naturally to me. I'm a youngest child. I used to act in plays all the time.
25. As a teenager, I played numerous instruments, but primarily french horn. I was in a symphony orchestra, a concert band, and a marching band. That's right, I was a band geek.
Thanks for concern and support re: my last post. We're fine. 3 days post impact and neither Sweet Pea nor I are suffering. I didn't mean to worry anyone!!