Thursday 26 February 2009

No Seriously, I do still knit!

I have 6 hospital hats done. It was stalled at 5 for a while, because I'm working on this Cat-eared baby hat, but I accidentally got light fingering instead of fingering for it, and really, it's sucking the life out of me. To the point where I haven't even photographed it. Because really, I don't know if I'm going to frog it or not yet.
And then I tried to do up a skully hat in white and pastel blue. Took out one pattern repeat width wise to make it newborn sized, but instead I made it . . like, I dunno . . newborn KITTEN sized?? So I put the pattern repeat back in and tried again, but then it was stupid big, so I cast on again with a different needle size, but I effed up the colours and had it backwards to what I wanted . . . so I threw in the towel on that one. For now, anyway.
Had a little wee Odessa on the needles, and truthfully, it's probably larger than a newborn hat should be, but I'm ignoring that and pushing on. Again light fingering, but since it's a patterned hat -- not as soul-sucking. Just finished it last night.


And I did make these:

With which I am well pleased.
Owling.
Finally, I have fingerless mitts that fit me properly! Seems I'm always making them too big, or too tight, or way too short. I mean, I like 'em short, but not so short that they don't even reach my fingers. These ones are perfect.
The yarn is leftovers from the (dreaded) chocolate jacket. Itchy as all get out, but you get used to it - and rather quickly too. Foxhill Farms, lamb's wool in all it's natural colour glory.

Oh, and I've picked up my lovely Lily of the Valley 'No nupps, just beads' stole and worked some of it this week too.

2 comments:

canadacole said...

Ok, how cute is that hat? Seriously!

Also, are those fingerless mitts also thumbless? Cause as a photographer who likes to shoot even in winter, I am on the hunt for fingerless, thumbless mitts. If they had some kind of pattern to them so that I'm less likely to have the camera slip out of my hands, all the better. So are they? And if they are, how much to get you to make and sell me a couple of pair?

Stickyfingers said...

They are thumb-less to a point -- there's a little cuff that ends before the knuckle on the thumb. I do not knit for hire - but I do knit for love! Let me know if they're suitable, and I would make you one pair from the same yarn. If you want different yarn, I'll get it, but you'll have to pay for that.
OR alternatively, have a look at the pattern they're adapted from: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html and let me know if you'd prefer those.