Thursday 4 December 2008

A celebration is in order!!

SHE DID IT!
Finally, after much frustration, finagling, and many angry tears, Sweet Pea completed not one, but TWO back to tummy rolls.

Now I think she wonders why she ever bothered. She doesn't like being on her tummy.

Yesterday we did a whole boat-load of running around. Finished Christmas shopping for my parents, started Christmas shopping for Sweet Pea. What's left on the list? Just a toy for the girl, and something for the Albertan In-laws.

Mr. Wonderful and I decided that for Christmas this year, Sweet Pea will be getting her next car seat from us. She's almost out of her infant seat (gangly behemoth child that she is), and car seats aren't cheap . . . so there it is.


Yesterday I went to Toys R Us to procure this gift for the wee lass - and there were none available on the shelf. Sigh.
Given that I drive so far to get to this store, and because we had a gift card from Mr. W's magnificent friend for half the cost of the seat, I was unwilling to drive back and forth over and over in the hopes the seat would be in stock, and unwilling to pick it up at, say, Zellers. I asked a woman working if she could tell me when the seat would be back in stock. As it turns out, they were hiding them in the stock room. So we were able to check that off the list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are awesome seats, they arent readily available here but someone procured some so I bought one... Wish I had bought 3 lol Woohoo for having another thing of the list :)

Stickyfingers said...

In all my research, the Truefit certainly looked to be the best option. 5 point harness to 65 pounds?? That's incredible! And since Sweet Pea is at the top of the percentile pile, it just makes sense to go for broke.

Batty said...

Heh, reminds me of a friend's daughter. She hated, hated, hated tummy time! They thought she'd never roll over... then it turned out she didn't because she hated it.

Sweet Pea is very cute in her chair!