Tuesday 9 December 2008

Busy Beaver

Oh holy crap! So much has gone on in the past few days, I thought I hadn't updated in weeks.

First, we put up the tree for Sweet Pea's enjoyment.


We had a fairly relaxed weekend. Just hung around, visited the in-laws, etc.
Yesterday was Sweet Pea's five month check up. We saw a nurse practitioner who didn't say one little thing about the wee lass gaining less than a pound in the last month. In contrast with the one who told me I must supplement as she had only gained 2.5 pounds . . . . interesting, no? And these ladies work in the same office. Hm.

The crazy busy feeling comes from this: I completed SEVEN projects in the last 2 or 3 days. Five of them are gifts, and cannot be shared as of yet. The other two are as follows:

Knitty's Doddy. A fun little distraction, and a nice way to put a (small) dent in my worsted left-overs. I used the pattern for pentagon C only - didn't want to get too busy, or to have to haul the pattern around with me at all times. My blonde moment came as I struggled with the magic loop on the final pentagon before going "oh yeah, DPNs!!"

Sweet Pea's Pinwheel. I'll likely give it to her for Christmas.
I intended to make another one, but I don't think I love it enough on her to do that. I want shoulders on it, so it'll stay on! I think I'll use the colour combo I'd selected for pinwheel 2 elsewhere, mind you.

No comments: