Friday 26 December 2008

Baby's first Christmas. OR Holly Jolly!

THAT . . . was a fabulous Christmas! In all ways. It was superb. Gifts were great, family gatherings were great, merriment was made. Just amazing!

Christmas Eve we had my parents and brother's family over for our celebration. It all went very well . . great food, great company. Only hitch was that our 12 pound turkey cooked in 2 hours. 2 hours!! So we kind of had a mad rush to get everything else ready before the turkey dried out and got all icky. We were successful, btw.

We each opened one gift Christmas Eve. This was mine: a long sleeve T, some fabric with brass instruments on it, and this . . .
Three balls of Noro Silk Garden Chunky. I have very high hopes for this yarn. And this colourway? SCRUMMY!

Christmas morning was LOTS of fun!
How is it that children know it's Christmas? Normal mornings begin with soft sounds coming from the crib. Christmas morning began with squeals, giggles and sounds of excitement coming from the crib. (So did this morning, to be fair). I got Sweet Pea out of her bed, changed her, dressed her . . . and then . . .


And that's just the gifts from her dad and I and my side of the family! Oh, plus her car seat of course, which didn't fit in the frame.

I opened another package with a long sleeve T in it (score!) and This:

Ohhhh yeah!

But the best present was still to come . . .
Mr. Wonderful's gift. Dudes, he earned his moniker!


See the big box on the couch beside me? That's what it was wrapped in. See the big-ass grin on my face? That's how you look when you've just received something you really wanted, but never in a million years thought you would get because it's just too pricey . . . and then the love of your life surprises you with it anyway! AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE BEST PART! Mr. W is so thoughtful!! Dudes, he loaded it with all the CDs I put on my wish list, all the music I had on my old run-down iPod shuffle, all the music he thought I would like . . . AND some videos too! This took time, effort, thought, and some investigation. W's nuts about me. Yes, he has a brother.

Then it was off to the in-laws, but not before exploring some new toys.


. . . I think the in-laws is a post for tomorrow though . . .

3 comments:

Hazy said...

It sounds (and looks) like you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you enjoy your time with your family!

Batty said...

Wow, look at that smile! Great gifts, but I keep scrolling back to the happy baby picture.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Alrischa said...

Pretty Pinwheel Ü I made one for Jasmine, too, but caved and gave it to her early. Unfortunately it's Summer, and too hot for her to wear it much. Fortunately, it will probably last 3 years!!

Nice ipod nano, too! I just got one a few months back. There are lots of fun knitting podcasts on itunes Ü

Are you still able to knit with Sweet Pea on your shoulder? Jasmine is very grabby and Loves my knitting. hehe.