Monday 20 October 2008

I think I've been de-railed.

Ugh. Why do colds suck so much? And why does my poor baby have to suffer through it too?
Thus far, we're doing okay . . . only 2 days in, but Advil is doing it for me, and infant Tylenol and baby rub seem to be working for Sweet Pea.

Not her regular happy self, but she certainly doesn't look like she's suffering.

Thankfully, the worst bit is just a wicked sore throat, which pain relievers eliminate. Minor runny nose, sneezing and a cough are easy enough to work with.
The maddening thing is the lack of sleep. I don't think I slept a solid hour at a time at all last night. And because I'm nursing, I can't take any cold meds. Just as well, I can estimate Sweet Pea's state by how I'm feeling and the amount of whining and crying she's doing. Of course, because of the sore throat, she's not eating well. Which doesn't help with the whole weight gain thing. Sigh.

On to the de-railing thing.
Mom's birthday sweater is almost done. I just have 3 more increase bits on the sleeves, and then the caps. And then the blocking of the sleeves, and the making up. I got the fronts and back attached, and the collar knit on already. Just over a week to go -- I'm reasonably certain I'll make it.
Sounds good!
Then I should start on nephew's Christmas Pea Pod . . . but (and here's where the de-railing comes in) SIL's wedding is in 2 weeks. I want to make Sweet Pea a ballerina wrap to go over her dress . . .Cool dress, right? Her wee arms will freeze off! But I want her to wear it. SIL bought it for her, and it's not the kind of thing you normally see for baby girls. I have lots of things she could wear, I have my heart set on this one. I figure, if I can pull it off, I'll make her a ballerina wrap to go over it, and she'll be fine. I'll use the leftovers from the sweater she's wearing in the above photo. She'll need off-white tights, but then she's all set.
Her back-up dress for the inevitable catastrophic spit-up?


Little Mothers. I think it will fit her already. It's supposed to be her Christmas dress, but it's not like she can't wear it more than once.

There's so much I want to make, and so much already on the needles. I'm in serious danger of accumlating way too many WIP's again.

No comments: