Saturday 24 May 2008

Cripes! Panic ensues

So I've been evaluating Sprout's wardrobe . . . and dude, It's not good. I mean, like I've said before: if Sprout is a girl, we're golden. If Sprout is a boy, we're arsed. I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't help it! My baby needs some gender neutral clothes!!

So now I'm in full on panic mode, where I must knit like a freakin' banshee, because the gender neutral shit in stores just isn't doing it for me. And I really feel like Sprout could be here NEXT WEEK! (I really doubt it, but such is my sense of urgency at this time)
So I cast on for the Seed Stitch Baby Jacket.
It's a lot A LOT of seed stitch, and is kind of slow going due to the 'k1, p1'-ness of seed stitch. But I have to say, I love the yarn choice!
Isn't it pretty? Cascade 220 (yeah, I know - handwash only . . I'm a masochist) and such a lovely colourway. I even love the way it's pooling. Looks like cow spots . . or giraffe spots. FUN!
It's a 3-6 month size, so I'm hoping it will fit in the fall, and be a good 'out for a walk in our stellar stroller' sweater.
My mom got the same yarn for the same sweater, but in a yummy red colour.

I also queued Knitty's Childhood, and bought blue and brown washable wool to work it up in.


This kid will be stylin' . . and not in that straight off the rack kind of way either. In the way that says 'hey, we were so excited for you, we couldn't wait to meet you . . . so we knit like banshees.'

No comments: