Sunday, 10 June 2007

World Wide KIP day!

Yesterday I dragged my bum out of bed at 7am. What could be so important, you ask, that I was up and showered and out of the house by 7:40 on a Saturday morning? The TTC along!

I picked up Beth and Lynne in KW and then we set off for Toronto.
There was an hour of knittin' and chattin' in the car, some confusion over where was kosher for parking, and then a short walk to Village Yarn. Those folks really went all out. They had mimosas, they had baked goods, they had swag . . . . they had free yarn! This is where my first accident happened. It all seemed so innocuous, so innocent, then all of a sudden - one skein leaped off the shelf, slapped me across the face, and demanded I take it home. Well, after that I just blacked out! I didn't even realize what I'd done until I came to - standing on the street outside the shop . . fondling that skein of delicious . . . Okay, it's not true. I was fully aware of what I was doing. I have yarn for a mini clappy now! I'm going to wrap that yumminess around my neck and wear it with pride. Or maybe I'll suddenly turn to loving making socks. Either way, I love the yarn, and the colourway. It makes my heart flutter. The folks at the store were very kind, and there was a lot of fabulous things to be found inside.
But we had to move on!

We traveled via ttc, knitting the whole way - people were fairly weirded out by the whole thing, I think. There were some looks askance cast at me and my fellow knitters - there were even mutterings and dirty looks. Too bad for them! We got there first and had the seats! HA!

Our second st op was Romni. There was an awful lot of selection, but I have to weigh in and say I didn't love this store. It's almost too big - and it's completely overwhelming. If you were to go there with a specific yarn in mind for a specific project, well that would be one thing. But, if you were like me, and just looking for 'the right yarn' for a specific project . . well, good luck. I couldn't even figure out how the store was organized. I was thoroughly confused. That said, I did find something yarny -- three skeins said such flattering things to m e as I wandered innocently past, that I just had to buy them.

After a quick stop at a coffee shop, we were off for location #3 -- Americo. Spendy little store, with some loveliness --but it felt at least a little prohibitive to me.

Some street knitting was had.

And then on to Lettuce knit. I was surprised at just how wee Lettuce is -- but I was also impressed with the stuff they had on hand. A sweater kit cried when I set it down and said 'no' in a firm, I mean it! voice. It set up such a fuss that I went ahead and bought it.
We sat outside Lettuce and knit for long enough that I got a little sunburn. And we picked up some new knitters -- a mom and daughter team who had just come to knit at Lettuce joined us for the remainder of our day!

Then we went to the Naked Sheep. It was packed to the gills with knitters. I think I would have really enjoyed the store . . . if I could a) move around, or b) even look at the yarns.

And then it was off for food and a wrap up.

What did I wear? Well, I'm glad you asked! I wore my Hempy T! Finished and in all its glory. Do you ever see a picture of yourself and think Good gravy! Do I really look like that? This is one of those photos for me.
I took photos of my yarny procurements, but I think I need a rest before I post anymore photos! Oh, and the peonies finally bloomed!


aruni said...

what an adorable photo!

Batty said...

What a great time!

That photo is adorable, and so is the FO you're wearing. Very nice.