My LYS is closing it's doors.
Selfish reason why this is terrible: This is particularly heartbreaking for me, because now to get yarn that is not acrylic or acrylic based, I will have to drive for an hour. It will throw a severe wrench into my knitting.
Non-selfish reason why this is terrible: 6 women have lost their jobs, and one family has lost their business. I can't even imagine being the owner of said LYS and having to admit it's just not working out. How she must have cried.
One HORRIBLE thing to say: This is a little good . . . for the time being, anyway, because they are having a great big sale!! 50% off -- yay! It's bittersweet.
I went on Friday morning, right at opening, and it was a complete madhouse. Here is what $265 will get you at a closing sale:
- One gorgeous Lantern Moon basket-y bag type thing. Not sure if I'll keep it, or pass it on. For now, it stores ALL that yarn!
- one skein of pretty coloured tofutsies
- 2 skeins of Rowan Denim
- 2 Skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
- 4 skeins of Misti Alpaca Hand-paint
- 9 skeins of Misti Alpaca Lace
- 6 balls of Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo, which I had just discovered and fallen in love with.
- One skein of Euroflax Linen
- 10 skeins of Bonsai to finally make the bonsai tunic
And now, some GOOD news!
I got my Valentine's swap package in the mail - finally! I was worried it might have disappeared, but it showed up late last week.