Tuesday 30 November 2010

Poll: on a scale of 1-10 . . . .

. . . . just how crazy would I be to cast on a new baby project? What if it were a blanket? And son-thingy were due in just three short weeks?

Keep the following in mind:
1) the blanket is made of light fingering weight yarn.
2) The three weeks before Sweet Pea's birth, I made an adult sized sweater, a whole lace stole, and a third of a second lace stole.
3) the three weeks before Sweet Pea's birth I didn't have a 2 year old to entertain.
4) the three weeks before Sweet Pea's birth I DID have to work . . . well, some of it, anyway.
5) Friday is my last day of work this go-around.
6) I have a history of getting sick of blankets and abandoning them partially finished - only to get guilty and finish them months, if not years, later.
7) This blanket is made of Lorna's Laces, in a really enticing colourway - Zombie BBQ. It makes it even more fun to work on. The yarn is delicious! Plus, wrapping my son in something called Zombie BBQ makes me gleeful.

So . . . I cast on for the blanket this morning. And I got 2 inches in, checked my gauge, and ripped it all out again. I've gone up a needle size - still don't have stitch gauge, but it's close enough at 24 st/4" as opposed to 22 sts.

IMAG0053

I'm hoping to have it done by the boy's birth day. We'll see. The centre panel seems like it'll go quickly. I'm using some mods to make it half sized. That should help!

So, what do you think? Am I crazy??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I went to mods and it looks good.....good luck with the timing and the determination....may ye finish well in time....giggle
mommapea
ps...good to see you blogging again

Alrischa said...

Zombie bbq! I hope you finish it. He'll be proud to be covered in knitting with a name like that. Hehehe

Lisa said...

You can do eet!! Go Amy!! Knit like the wind!

Anonymous said...

Whooo hooo...she's getting it done!! last night the center was completed...now all that's left is miles and miles of edges...go girl go!!