Sunday 25 April 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

What have I been up to since I made that mermaid? Um . . . good question. I made some doll clothes!

Beebie modeled the sweater for me, but is much to small to show off the dress. You can see the skirt lying across her lap.
Pattern: February Doll Sweater from Petite Purls.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino - took almost the entire skein.

I've been working on yet another Sock Monster for Shall We Knit?
I love the colour! Koigu makes some really beautiful yarns.

I have some really crazy finishing ideas for this one, but it needs to go to the Knitter's Frolic with them very soon, so I need to get on it!

I'm working on another doll from a pattern I created - looks really good so far. It just needs a little tweaking to make the whole thing match better.


In case you were wondering, I went with the green on the right for the eye colour.

But my main focus has been finishing this:


Because I really want to wear it this year!
So far, it's coming along well - I'm working on the bottom edging right now, actually. That means less than 5 rows left in the body, then I think 6 rows for each 'sleeve' and the neck edging. I could get this finished today or tomorrow if I apply myself!
Pattern: Buttercup
Yarn: Classic Elite cotton Bam Boo - should have unbelievable drape.

No comments: