Tuesday 22 January 2008

Lookit!



See this pretty thing? It's for the munchkin!
I picked this lovely light yellow colour, the ball band calls it Natural -- it doesn't scream 'I didn't know the baby's gender' quite like mint green, or pastel yellow.

It's a pattern called Arabesque, which can found on the WIP insanity blog. The link may be accessible from Ravelry only, and if that's the case, I apologize. I'm not trying to be exclusive, I promise. And, as I said on Ravelry: Now that I’ve been cranking this out for a week, here are my insights: I would skip the textured yarn and do it in something smooth in future. The purl rows aren’t so bad, because I can just sit back and go. The right side rows are only difficult because I lose count so much, and the chart is so blinkin’ tiny! Rows take less than 10 minutes each, and I can do 2 chart repeats in a week, so even though it may feel a touch tedious at times, when I sit back and look at how far I’ve come, I feel a sense of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Batty said...

Oh, it's beautiful! I love the pattern!