Saturday 18 February 2012

Still knitting?

Yup, I still do that too.

In fact, it seems like I've been doing a lot of knitting lately. It's the right time of year - cold, miserable. Just right for a lapful of knitting.

Let's see. I've done a few more socks. There's this basic ribbed sock. I love it - I think it's my new favourite pattern. I didn't make the leg long enough, but there's always next time.

IMAG0873

And I'm working on the second sock in this pair right now --

IMAG0891

It's been kind of a pain in the ass and I had to rip the first one out twice . . . but it's pretty cool looking. I did make some modifications to the pattern - I cast on 64 stitches, did a heel flap rather than short row heels (I need to work on my short rows before I can use them for heels). And I'm not running the tail motif all the way down the sock. On the inside of the sock I'm stopping the motif at the heel flap.

I also finally finished Sk8r for Shall We Knit?

IMAG0893

And I'm working on some Endpaper mitts for my niece.


IMAG0889.jpg

Of course, I still have a little boy cardigan on the needles, and a Dahlia cardi for me . . . and I have to knit something small for a swap. And Sweet Pea wants another sock monster to keep her buddy Joaquin (Keeny) company. And I want to make Boober a Texture Bite teddy bear.
I don't think I'll be giving up knitting anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup!! you certainly are one busy lady. Looking good! glad to see you're back to the blog again too!
kwgma